OPEN CALL: ARTIST RELIEF FUND
Thank you to everyone who applied for our 1st round of grants from our Artist Relief Fund. We will contact the recipients for our first round of funding within the next few weeks. In the meantime, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to receive the latest news regarding additional Artist Relief Fund open calls, as well as exciting programming announcements.
In order to give back on a deeper level, AURORA has created an Artist Relief Fund to offer direct financial support to North Texas artists who are in dire need thereof due to COVID-19. Grants of $4,000.00 will be distributed to artists who are focusing on the future of the arts and the community that surrounds it, as long as funds are available.
All grant applications will be reviewed and awarded by a selection committee.
For questions regarding the artist relief fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria and requirements:
- Must be a working artist with a sustained practice in North Texas and be able to produce proof of residence
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experiencing dire financial distress due to the COVID-19;
- Must not be a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of anyone involved with the Dallas Foundation or AURORA
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund
All applicants must submit:
- A resume or CV demonstrating career path
- A statement of needs for career or emergency
- A statement of intent listing the desired use of the funds
ROUND 1 DEADLINE:
July 12, 2020 at 11:59PM CST - Submission period closed
$4,000.00 USD per grant